httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: new /usr/local/apache2 usage, --prefix, and make install
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 20:57:19 GMT
Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com> writes:

> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > On Solaris and Tru64 (and maybe more), my --prefix is getting ignored
> > and instead make install is trying to put stuff in /usr/local/apache2
> > :(
> >
> > looking at it now...
>
> ick.  yea.  sorry about that.
>
> Hmm.  It is a bit of a mess trying to figure out how autoconf's
> installation prefixes and stuff like config.layout should play together
> nicely.  Note that I'm pretty sure they didn't work "right" before either,
> it just wasn't wrong in such a visible way...

I guess this is what broke it:

   if test -z "$LAYOUT"; then
  -  htdocsdir='$(prefix)/htdocs'
  -  iconsdir='$(prefix)/icons'
  -  cgidir='$(prefix)/cgi-bin'
  -  logdir='$(prefix)/logs'
  -  sysconfdir='${prefix}/conf'
  -  libexecdir='${prefix}/modules'
  -  layout_name=Apache
  -else
  -  APACHE_LAYOUT($srcdir/config.layout, $LAYOUT)
  +  LAYOUT="Apache"
   fi
  +APACHE_LAYOUT($srcdir/config.layout, $LAYOUT)

Now we *must* end up using a layout...

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...