httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: opinions: debian apache package
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2001 16:42:58 GMT
On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Jim Winstead wrote:

>   * a change for dbmmanage because the debian ps apparently
>     doesn't like leading - on its arguments.

actually this is linux ps in general, not just debian.  it's a result of
ps becoming unix98 compatible.  unix98 (i.e. sysv) options are preceded by
a -... and if you want to use BSD-style options you put no leading dash.

or you can setenv I_WANT_A_BROKEN_PS to get the BSD-only behaviour :)

dbmmanage must also be broken on solaris if you've got sysv ps in your
path first.

>   * changing /usr/local/bin/perl to /usr/bin/perl

this is true for pretty much all linux systems as well, not just debian.

-dean