httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: state of the bugdb
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:51:54 GMT
On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>

> > Why don't we just use the bugzilla that is on that Sun machine?  isn't it
> > called nagoya.apache.org, or something like that?
>
> 1. we tried bugzilla before for 2.x bug reports.  result: it was used as
> one step in a root compromise.  Sure, having it on its own box helps
> things out.  But doesn't remove the concern.
> 2. bugzilla doesn't, out of the box, provide some of the functionality
> that we have now that I consider to be quite important.
> 3. even if those weren't issues, it has to be configured and setup in a
> way that lets it meet our needs and people have to know how it should be
> used.
>
> While I am unhappily resigned to the fact that bugzilla may, in fact, form
> the core of what the best solution is for us, I don't know that it is just
> a drop-it-in-and-run thing.

Nagoya was setup specifically to be a bugzilla machine for the ASF.  It is
run by Pier and somebody else, who I can't remember.  The root compromise
is not a big issue, because that machine doesn't really run anything other
than bugzilla.

I do realize that there are some features that bugzilla doesn't have, but
what other piece of software does, other than GNATS?  Can we add them to
bugzilla?

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131