httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Austin Gonyou <aus...@coremetrics.com>
Subject mod_tls support
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 21:37:20 GMT
Compiling with ssl causes a problem. Here is the error message and
config.log

-> checking for SSL library... checking whether to enable mod_tls... yes
-> configure: error: no - Unable to locate yes/inc/ssl.h

It apears that the TLS --enable-tls option was read, but then the ssl libs
are all screwey.
I've found the following section in the configure script which seems to be
causing the problem. Can anyone confirm or deny this? What should be the
proper syntax?

------begin code snippet-------
  # Check whether --with-ssl or --without-ssl was given.
if test "${with_ssl+set}" = set; then
  withval="$with_ssl"                          #Notice here that withval
      searchfile="$withval/inc/ssl.h"	 	#is set to 'yes'. All
      if test -f $searchfile ; then		#tests fail from here on.
          INCLUDES="$INCLUDES -I$withval/inc"
          LIBS="$LIBS -L$withval -lsslc"
          ssl_lib="SSLC"
      else
          searchfile="$withval/ssl/ssl.h"
          if test -f $searchfile ; then
              INCLUDES="$INCLUDES -I$withval/include"
              LIBS="$LIBS -L$withval -lssl -lcrypto"
              ssl_lib="OpenSSL"
          else
              searchfile="$withval/openssl/ssl.h"  #changing this from
              if test -f $searchfile ; then	   #withval to /usr/include
                  INCLUDES="$INCLUDES -I$withval/openssl" #seems to work.
                  LIBS="$LIBS -L$withval -lssl -lcrypto"
                  ssl_lib="OpenSSL"
              else
                  { echo "configure: error: no - Unable to locate
$withval/inc/ssl.h" 1>&2; exit 1; }
              fi
          fi
      fi
      echo "$ac_t""found $ssl_lib" 1>&6

else

      { echo "configure: error: --with-ssl not given" 1>&2; exit 1; }

fi
-------End code snippet--------

So the question here is what should withval be set to or how should it be
used. When I change the $withval/openssl/ssl.h to
/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h then everything works and it reports:

checking for SSL library... checking whether to enable mod_tls... yes
found OpenSSL

Anyone?

--
Austin Gonyou