httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Pipe/Socket Buckets and timeouts
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2001 17:03:40 GMT
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Ian Holsman wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I would like to see the Pipe/Socket buckets have some kind of timer
> associated with them, so they dont wait until 8k is generated before
> they
> pass the bucket.
>
> what I'd like to see is that they wait, say 10ms, for data, and pass it
> through, with a flush bucket.
> This would be great for slow CGI/proxy calls where there may be 5k of
> data
> available, a 10second wait, and another 5k.

Pipes and sockets do have timeout's assocaited with them already.  The
only thing required to finish this, is to have the read functions attach a
FLUSH bucket to the brigade when the timeout pops.  This should be easy to
implement, but it means that we would be forcing that behavior on
everybody.  Are we better off just returning the data with the
APR_ETIMESUP status, and letting the module determine what to do?

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131