httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject Re: Let's remove some modules from Apache 2.0
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 20:18:31 GMT
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> > Consider this a veto until further convincing arguments are presented.
> -1 is always a veto when talking about the code.
> People who want to "vote" against something should use -0 if they don't like
> it. Additional comments or -0.5 or something can express how much they
> dislike it. But -1 should stick to being a veto so that we don't have to
> keep clarifying what the hell a -1 means.
> -1 is a veto. Use something else to express dislike.

The definition is somewhat vague.  The way I read the definition, it says
that +/-0 is essentially an obstention, ie -0 is "I don't like it,
but I don't care that much so do whatever you want."  Anyway, I don't want
to start up this argument again, as it never gets us anywhere, so change
my vote on mod_speling to a -0.5 if that makes you happy.  =-)

   Cliff Woolley
   Charlottesville, VA

View raw message