httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: state of the bugdb
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 07:29:03 GMT
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Why don't we just use the bugzilla that is on that Sun machine?  isn't it
> called nagoya.apache.org, or something like that?

1. we tried bugzilla before for 2.x bug reports.  result: it was used as
one step in a root compromise.  Sure, having it on its own box helps
things out.  But doesn't remove the concern.
2. bugzilla doesn't, out of the box, provide some of the functionality
that we have now that I consider to be quite important.
3. even if those weren't issues, it has to be configured and setup in a
way that lets it meet our needs and people have to know how it should be
used.

While I am unhappily resigned to the fact that bugzilla may, in fact, form
the core of what the best solution is for us, I don't know that it is just
a drop-it-in-and-run thing.