httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 for multi protocol usage
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 20:30:53 GMT
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > I am actually getting data on that page with Netscape and Konqueror
> >
> > I had to hit "refresh" a bunch of times. It appears really flaky.
> > Eventually, I got the front page, then after a bunch of refreshes, I got the
> > patch page.
> >
> > [ using IE 5.5 ]
>
> I don't have access to IE, and I haven't seen this problem yet.

Any HTTP/1.1 request will cause this problem because the server appears
to be only reading the first line of the headers:

marcs@alive:~$ telnet klomp.covalent.net 8080
Trying 207.44.198.92...
Connected to klomp.covalent.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.1
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>400 Bad Request</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Bad Request</H1>
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<P>
client sent HTTP/1.1 request without hostname (see RFC2616 section 14.23): /<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache/2.0.16-dev Server at klomp.covalent.net Port 8080</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>
Connection closed by foreign host.

(note no blank line after the GET)

ISTR there was some bug fix committed that fixed some behaviour somehow
related to this type of thing, but don't know if it is the same
issue... so I'm assuming this may just be an old build?