httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cynic <cy...@mail.cz>
Subject Re: Server Name
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:33:56 GMT
1) your question belongs to apache-server@yahoogroups.com,
new-httpd is for the developers of apache.

2) to answer your question: I assume you use windows. then you
need to add this hostname to your HOSTS file. if you're on NT,
it's in %windir%/system32/drivers/etc/, I don't know about w9x,
but look for HOSTS.SAM, copy it to HOSTS in the same dir, and
edit HOSTS.

At 11:38 5.4. 2001, Arun Shrimali wrote the following:
>Dear friends,
>
>I want to change my server name from localhost to say,
>www.arunhome, I had changed the same in conf file but it does not
>became efective, and client does not able to contect server, can
>any body help me how to change the host name.
>
>regards
>
>Arun
>Arun Shrimali
>Banas Dairy Palanpur
>Ph: 91-2742-53881 to 53885, Ext: 222
>Fax:91-2742-52723
>email : arun@banas.guj.nic.in
>        ashrimali@iname.com
------end of quote------

cynic@mail.cz
And the eyes of them both were opened and they saw that their files
were world readable and writable, so they chmoded 600 their files.
    - Book of Installation chapt 3 sec 7