httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Connection and request filters?
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:39:15 GMT
Why do we pass request and connection to ap_add_*_filter? If we pass a
request, the connection is redundant, and currently passing NULL for the
request means use the connection - however we always pass the
connection, and, indeed, I think code relies on that. This strikes me as
unclean and mildly confusing. I'd rather have ap_add_request_*_filter
and ap_add_connection_*_filter (even if they are just wrappers for what
we've got) - what do people think?

Cheers,

Ben.

--