httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: thread locking within apr file io
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:29:56 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> > Wow, which MPM are you using? That is actually quite a suprise to me as Apache 2.0
performance is
> > close to that of Apache 1.3 (on AIX at least) which does not use pool  locking or
buffer locking for
> > file i/o.
>
> We are currently using prefork because pthread is completely useless at
> this point.  Hopefully, the signals stuff gets fixed soon...

assuming you mean "threaded", do a "cvs up" and you'll be happier :)

I believe the threaded MPM is ready for prime time after my last
commit.  It would be great if somebody could beat it up on a live
non-FreeBSD system, and tell us what happens.

>                                                       Actually,
> on FreeBSD, threaded MPMs are disabled, but no one tells APR, so it
> defines APR_HAS_THREADS - we need to fix that.  I may submit a patch for
> that - just add --disable-threads to APRs configure for these platforms?

huh?  I thought we fixed APR quite a while ago, then at the hack-athon
Ryan fixed the default mpm choice logic.  Why am I confused?

Greg