httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/include util_filter.h
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:40:26 GMT
rbb@apache.org wrote:

>   + * @param readbytes How many bytes to read from the next filter.  0 means that
>   + *                  a single line should be read.
>     */
>    AP_DECLARE(apr_status_t) ap_get_brigade(ap_filter_t *filter, apr_bucket_brigade *bucket,
>                                            ap_input_mode_t mode, apr_size_t *readbytes);

Just to clarify - does this mean that ap_get_brigade() with a readbytes
of zero will always return a single line (CRLF terminated), without the
need to call it repeatedly until a complete line is returned?

Is there a guaranteed minumim length that will be returned? ie is it
reasonable to assume that if ap_get_brigade() was called once, and you
were expecting a status line or a header line, you would get the whole
line unless the line is ridiculously long? If so I can simplify the
proxy code.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon