httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <har...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server protocol.c
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:12:55 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> The protocol Lotus Notes uses is keepalive (yea, it is a proprietary protocol and may
not count in
> this discussion).

Yes, that may. As a protocol guru I am probably not allowed to see the
protocol definition?? :-))

>  Doesn't BXXP (is that what it is called now?) maintain persistent connections?

BEEP as it is now called. My understanding of BEEP is that it just
keeps the connection open like FTP when it is mapped upon TCP.
That is not really keep-alive as defined in HTTP.

> know of more obscure proprietary protocols that flow multiple requests/response pairs
over a
> persistent connection.

OK, keep-alive could indeed be more generic. I never really thought
of proprietary protocols.

Harrie
--
phone: +39-3474932300