httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Thiemo Voigt <thi...@sics.se>
Subject what happens when kernel resets connection
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:56:22 GMT
Hi,

Sorry, if this question is out of scope. Please redirect me to another
mailling list
if this mail is send to the wrong place.

I wonder what happens in the following situation:

assume an Apache thread (process) does a read,
waiting for e.g. the next HTTP header on a persistent connection.
Due to some circumstances, either the client of the server itself
resets the connection. I assume the Apache worker's read
returns with a -1. But how does the Apache thread react to that?
Does it exit, or does it execute a new accept to accept a new
connection?

Hope somebody can answer this question,  I assume people on
this list can tell me.
Thank you very much

Thiemo