httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Patch]: Patch to make threaded mpm use join to cleanup workers.
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2001 20:28:10 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> Please remove any formating issues from the patch.  They just clutter what
> you are really doing here.

Yeah, sorry. Missed those in the lookover. I had played with some code and
put it back wrong.

> > -    apr_threadattr_detach_set(thread_attr, 1);
> > +    apr_threadattr_detach_set(thread_attr, PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE);
>
> This is a big no-no.  You can't use a PTHREAD macro in an apr_thread call.

Um, ok. Then I should just assume that I can guess that passing 0 will do
the right thing? Or is there an APR equivalent to this that I missed?
The APR code acts like it just wants this parm to be 0/1 (i.e. off or on),
but passes the value straight through to the pthread call (which expects the
enum).

Thanks,

--
Paul J. Reder