httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Need access to apr_sigwait from threaded mpm.
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2001 16:19:46 GMT
Ryan,

Sorry, I missed your commit. The commit you made to the threaded mpm is
insufficient. I tested that level of fix (not identical, but close). This
still allows the main child_main process to exit (with signal from
perform_idle_server_maintenance) and leave orphaned threads.

I am currently testing a fix that creates the threads as joinable and then
after a received signal the child_main process joins to each of the threads
to make sure they are all gone before it exits. Unless there is some concern
with this I will commit this extension to your work after I have finished
testing it.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein