httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: httpd-proxy status
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:07:14 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:

> Based on interest at the hackathon, we'd like to present this for a vote
> for reintegration soon. But we'd like to get it working properly first.
> 8^)

...and compilation tested on all the platforms supported...

> Bear in mind that the -current mod_proxy development is only part 2 of
> the 3 part plan:
>
> 1) support 1.3.x
> 2) support a cacheless 1.3.x workalike in 2.0

Done - right now we are looking for bugs.

> 3) redesign to be a multiprotocol router in 2.0

We should be there already - as of now we can (if not then bug) deliver
content hosted on both a webserver and an ftp server, in addition to the
normal deliver content from filesystem and executable binary (CGI).

I have plans to include the ability to serve LDAP URLS as well -
allowing you to serve pages directly from attributes in an LDAP server.
(The need I have is to embed LDAP attributes in a page, using an LDAP
MPR and mod_include, instead of the klunky CGIs I use right now).

Heck, even SQL is a possibility :)

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon