httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <har...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 for multi protocol usage
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 13:15:31 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
[snip]

> And punt that darn state_rec thing.

If it is the name, no problem we can discuss that.
In various discussions the name suggested was
session_rec. This was th original name RyanB and I had.
However, some found the name confusing with
the sessions as being used in HTTP which are for instance
cookies. That was considered a session so we used here state.

With respect to eliminating the state_rec as layer, I
am wondering how you otherwise will transer data
between requests and maintain state. The pool-lifetime
is the problem. IMHO, it also maps more cleanly towards
the protocols.

Harrie