httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <I...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: mod_include performance numbers
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:13:49 GMT
I've put the 'truss' output added as a link to the page.
this was taken from Solaris 2.6 (which is old, but the numbers
should be read as relative)

I am working on getting a '1.3' version of the same thing up, probably
by monday (testing machine is dead)

we are planning on doing a LOT of things with mod_include, and SSI
is very central to the design. the ability to split up the file into
multiple parts lets you do some nifty things like co-branding, and
ad insertion relative to the user.

we could always re-implent a non-filtered version of mod_include, but
that would put us in the situation we are currently in, every change made
goes into mod-include making it unmaintable.

BTW.. I didn't want to start a flame on this issue