httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <I...@cnet.com>
Subject Adding some new hooks
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2001 16:50:48 GMT
Hi.

I'd like to chat about adding some different type of hooks.
(sorry if they are there already.. but I didn't see them)

a global_init/global_fini hook, which called *once* on server activation
and termination (simillar to the process_init hook)

and a process_fini (so you can do cleanup of resources at the process
level).

the other thing which I would like to discuss is for a module to be able to
allocate memory on the scoreboard, without having to change the core files
to do it.

the reason for this:
we have a module which uses the Aho-Corasick method for substring matching.
this makes use of a large (20M) read-only state machine which
could be shared by each thread/process on the machine.

Cheers
Ian