httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: SSL
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 14:38:30 GMT

In article <3AEBF1A9.2C3A0FB2@algroup.co.uk> you wrote:

> So, unless people object soon, the plan is that Ralf will commit mod_ssl
> as-is to the 2.0 tree, and we will then start hacking until we have SSL
> for 2.0. We will use the filtering in mod_tls to provide the I/O, of
> course.

Ok, I'll try to release mod_ssl 2.8.3 on Monday or Tuesday and then use this
version as the official moving point, i.e., I commit this 2.8.3 version to
the Apache CVS.

> Clearly if it all goes pear-shaped we can blow the whole thing away and
> try the other approach...

Sure, if this approach should fail, we at least tried it and no one can
blame us for not trying it. But I really hope we are successful. At
least if we all help together we should be very successful...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com