httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/ap ap_snprintf.c
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2001 08:20:41 GMT

In article <20010427175209.A901@waka.ebuilt.net> you wrote:

> It also isn't portable, which means that 1.3 is now broken on all but a
> few platforms.  1.3 doesn't have autoconf, so this change will have to
> disabled by default and enabled on a per-platform basis.
>
>> > [...]
>> >  Make ap_snprintf() more robust against border situations with
>> >  floating point numbers.
>>
>> The patch adds handling for "nan" and "inf" only for %f, %e and %E. What
>> about %g abd %G? I think the same checks should be applied to them, too.

Ops, yes, Roy is right: isnan(3) and isinf(3) are non-standard
functions. For 2.0 this should be apr_isnan and apr_isinf and handled
inside APR with Autoconf. For 1.3 it should be checked with TestCompile
(recommended) or at least wrapped with a few platform-specific #ifdef's
(alternatively).
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com