httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: SSL stuff
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:59:54 GMT
> I disagree completely. Neither is the Apache Group going to get to
> a point where the "political" disagreement becomes any better,
> nor will "Apache simply come with a solution" within the next years.

Well then, we are screwed until some people lose their attitude problem,
or someone else comes along to replace them.  That is nothing new.

The only reason the tls solution is in the code base is because one
of the committers committed something rather than continue to wait until
the other committers showed some evidence of life.  If you or anyone
else with commit access has a better solution, then commit the better
solution.  I have no more patience left for people who complain about
the status quo when they know perfectly well how to change it and have
had permission to do so since the London ApacheCon.  I don't care if we
have five different SSL solutions in the code base, provided they come
from people willing and able to maintain them.

I don't give a rat's ass about this right now because I think my time
is beter focused on making 2.0 a good HTTP server first.  When it gets
to that point, I'll start thinking about modules again.  Until then,
scratch your own itch.

View raw message