httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Winstead <>
Subject Re: Web archival of mailing lists
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 20:17:39 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 11:42:14AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Yup.  That is the plan.  Somehow use mod_include in mod_mbox.  Define a
> template file and use that each time.  That's the goal.  Not sure whether
> we duplicate mod_include or add mod_include to the filter chain (we may
> want to define our own include syntax - this could define how you want
> the message or index displayed, headers, footers, etc.).  Roy and I have
> also kicked around the idea of using mod_php as well.  Not sure yet.

well, if mod_mbox actually generated an xml format of some kind,
you could insert an xslt filter that transformed that xml into html.
of course, no such xslt filter exists yet, as far as i know.

but just to throw out a suggestion on the presentation side --
i have been playing with a web interface on top of the nntp server
for the php mailing lists at, and one presentation
thing that i think looks really slick is to apply a different style
to quotes and signatures. for example:

and turning links into real links is useful, too.

View raw message