httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <>
Subject Re: Web archival of mailing lists
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:42:14 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 12:59:19PM -0400, Greg Marr wrote:
> At 09:19 PM 04/23/2001, Chris Pepper wrote:
> >>You may see mod_mbox in action at:
> >>

> >Looks cool. Number-one nit: can you make the backgrounds white?
> I happen to prefer gray backgrounds, actually, or in this case,
> whatever background I have defined.  In any case, for the maximum in
> usability and customization, the style of the pages should ultimately
> come from some kind of configuration/template, or even better an
> external style sheet, and not be hard-coded into the source of the
> module.

Yup.  That is the plan.  Somehow use mod_include in mod_mbox.  Define a
template file and use that each time.  That's the goal.  Not sure whether
we duplicate mod_include or add mod_include to the filter chain (we may
want to define our own include syntax - this could define how you want
the message or index displayed, headers, footers, etc.).  Roy and I have
also kicked around the idea of using mod_php as well.  Not sure yet.

I believe that the core of mod_mbox is complete - I'm working on the
presentation of the messages now (which is confined to mod_mbox.c).  As
I've said before, I'm not a presentation person, so if someone wants to
help out with that, I'd greatly appreciate it.  =)

I'll probably be pushing out a new build of mod_mbox to
tonight (including prev/next on each message and use of filters...).  I
will probably also add a cronjob to fetch the latest mbox files from and reindex it every few hours or so.

Thanks again for the input.  -- justin

View raw message