httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Feedback about the sgi patches issue. (vol 4)
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:31:41 GMT

Three more messages from the larger community posted to new-httpd over
the last few weeks.  Ezmlm is configured to divert postings from
non-subscribers to the moderator, that's currently me.  I have replied
to all of these.

  - ben

ps. I've been out on vacation the last week.
------------------------

From: Márcio Conceição Goulart <marcio.cg@bol.com.br>
Subject: Why?
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:06:48 -0300

Why you don't accept the patches from Accelerating Apache project if it increases the performance
of server?
I'm waiting an acceptable answer.

Márcio Goulart
Pelotas/RS - Brazil

------------------------
From: "Nikita Huggins" <nick.huggins@sympatico.ca>
To: <new-httpd@apache.org>
Subject: SGI "Accelerating Apache" patches
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 18:27:32 -0400

Hello,
         I believe that it would be beneficial to incorporate the SGI =
patches into the Apache project. Even though your web server has the =
largest market share, this is not a permanent state ( compare the use of =
Netscape now and 3 years ago). Performance and price are extremely =
important factors in the choice of a server product - Apache has =
everyone beat on price but its performance is nowhere near the most =
outstanding - any serious effort to enhance its speed should be =
embraced.

Thank you,
                Nick Huggins