httpd-dev mailing list archives

From field...@ebuilt.com
Subject Re: mod_proxy in HTTPd
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:11:56 GMT
> The fact that Apache-2.x's build system doesn't support the extra feature
> from 1.3's scares me a bit.  I don't think external modules can be added
> without a lot of hassle in the current build system.  That worries me.
>
> We'd have to generate the config.m4 file on the fly.  Hmm...  -- justin

We've talked about fixing that, but it is lower on the pole than simply
getting the build consistent across the entire tree (almost there).
I think the solution will have to be a return to normal shell scripts
for adding modules -- the m4 stuff is processed when we cut a release,
which is too early for modules.  The config.m4 things need to be replaced.

....Roy