httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] mod_proxy in?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:02:05 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> Same here. I think the separate nature has been quite good for mod_proxy,
> and it could continue very well on its own, with separate release schedules
> and whatnot. It definitely needs to be more prominent, so that people know
> where to go, how to get it, etc, but that is mostly some wordsmithing on web
> pages and stuff.
> I'd say -0 on integration. Not that it shouldn't be in httpd-2.0, but that I
> believe it could accomplish more by remaining separate.

2 dangerous thoughts :)

  1. I forget... is mod_proxy it's own project (ala apr?) If not,
     it should be.
  2. There was some initial discussion on having mod_rewrite
     also follow a similar path. Certainly it was a good idea
     for mod_proxy. Maybe it could help mod_rewrite as well.

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]
          "Hell is hot, that's never been disputed by anybody."

View raw message