httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Multi-protocol patch, part 1
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 21:05:45 GMT
On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 02:17:53PM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > I am 100% against holding up a beta for this stuff.  If we can keep the
> > patches incredibly small and reviewable, then there is no reason that they
> > have to destabilize the server.
> 
> I agree that this work should not be allowed to hold up the beta (and
> eventual release) of Apache 2.0. One possible exception would be if the
> changes affect the external API in significant ways, which is not the case
> AFAIK.  But I also agree that the changes can be phased in in small easily
> reviewable chunks.  I am not against working incrementally to continuing to
> clean-up the parts of Apache 2.0 that hinder multiprotocol use.

This is my thinking, too. I've already described some of my concerns with
the approach for the multiprotocol stuff. As long as the patches are in the
non-controversial area, and are reviewable, then no problem.

When the patch arrives to insert a state_rec, then we'll start to see a
longer discussion about whether to commit them :-)

Also, note that the big mother patch that was on klomp is really just a
couple simple things, changed everywhere, and only a little bit of
multi-protocol work. Those simple things can go in, then we'd have a smaller
blob for Ryan's/Harrie's (Covalent's? :-)) ideas for multi-protocol.

Cheers,
-g

-- 
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Mime
View raw message