httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Tagging 2.0.17 in a few...
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 06:00:06 GMT
On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 08:45:27PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Couple of issues.
>
> 1)  The tag on ap_release.h has the version at 2.0.17-dev.  This should be
> 2.0.17.  This can be fixed by editing that file, committing, and
> re-tagging the file.  This can be done with cvs tag -F

Right.

Ryan did this for a file in 2.0.16, as I recall. Works fine.

> 2)  You can't roll the tarball and sign it with a key that isn't in the
> KEYS file before you tag.  You can also move the tag on that file after
> you commit the changes.  I also believe you should have somebody sign your
> key before you use it.

The KEYS file does not need to go into the distribution. Heck, I'd suggest
that it specifically *NOT* go into the distro.

Assuming no KEYS file in the distro, then step (2) can be ignored.

A KEYS file on the public site (whichever of the bazillion redundant copies)
needs a key, tho.

Cheers,
-g

--