httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject configure not created from Apache buildconf?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:58:28 GMT
When I run Apache buildconf, it terminates with status 1 and no
configure is created.  This happens on at least Linux and AIX.  I
haven't looked through the tons of other regression test messages to
see where else.

Here is the output:

$ ./buildconf
rebuilding srclib/apr/configure
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: autoconf version 2.13 (ok)
buildconf: libtool version 1.3.4 (ok)
Copying libtool helper files ...
Creating include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.in ...
Creating configure ...
rebuilding srclib/apr-util/configure
he/httpd-2.0/srclib/pcre'sArm -rf .libsˆ@©(checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes™$checking
for memmove... (cached) yeséCopying libtool helper files ...
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `build'.
Creating include/private/apu_config.h ...
Creating configure ...
Invoking xml/expat/buildconf.sh ...
Incorporating /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 into aclocal.m4 ...
Copying libtool helper files ...
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `conftools'.
Creating config.h.in ...
Creating configure ...

I don't know when configure stopped being created but Apache's
buildconf started exiting with non-zero status in the three hours up
to "Sun, 15 Apr 2001 00:35:40 -0400"

Any clues?

Ahh... may be something in this though the time isn't quite
right... I'll look at it later after I catch up on some more
mail/personal business/etc.

rbb         01/04/14 21:28:17

  Modified:    xml/expat buildconf.sh configure.in
  Log:
  Clean up some buildconf warnings about AC_TRY_RUN.  AC_TRY_RUN is being
  called from an autoconf provided macro that we can't fix, so we just
  hide the warnings.  This is the same approach taken in Apache itself.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...