httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 for multi protocol usage
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:53:30 GMT
On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 10:33:11AM +0200, Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:
> But splitting it up in many minor patches over time is even more
> difficult.
> Adding an extra layer is almost an atomic step. It is there or it is not
> there.
> You cannot do it halfway.

Let's at least be clear on this one point. Independent of the whole
state_rec thing, the current patch is NOT going into Apache. It is not
reviewable in its current form.

I suggested a couple simple things that would drop its size, hopefully into
the "reviewable realm."

I'm off to Seattle for a few days, I'll pick up the multiprotocol thread
again at that point. Hopefully, there will be more conversation on the topic
in the mean time. My basic feeling about the whole thing is that it is
taking the wrong approach, so I'm not liking it at all.

Greg Stein,

View raw message