httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <v.j.orlikow...@gte.net>
Subject Re: Config files, main loop, and logging
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:26:57 GMT
 > This is most definitely over-engineering.  Just do two walks of the tree.
 > The first sets up all the internal structures, the second actually sets up
 > the server to run.  Bam, problems solved.  We don't need to provide full
 > debug logs the first time through, because we do a full debug log the
 > second time through, and it is the exact same steps.

But, since mod_so is being processed as EXEC_ON_READ...it gets taken
care of immediately on the first pass, Ryan. It loads the specified
DSOs, so that their config directives can be handled, and in the
second pass, we never do the needed logging for mod_so. We simply lose
the messages, not log them in the second pass. And we can't very well
make mod_so Not be EXEC_ON_READ, or else we need a *third* pass to
enable mod_so on the second pass, and then take care of the directives
for the DSOs on the third.

I'm fairly convinced that some form of ordering needs to be imposed on
how the directives are handled as the tree gets walked, if we don't
want to lose messages from anything that logs prior to LogLevel being
set.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski