httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Let's remove some modules from Apache 2.0
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2001 21:13:31 GMT
From: "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 3:09 PM

> On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 01:46:25PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > So I"m strongly -1 from removing this module under those two points.  You could
> > probably add other arguments for keeping/removing the module, but I think these
> > two are the only relevant arguments for keeping it in the core.
> >
> > Consider this a veto until further convincing arguments are presented.
>
> -1 is always a veto when talking about the code.
>
> People who want to "vote" against something should use -0 if they don't like
> it. Additional comments or -0.5 or something can express how much they
> dislike it. But -1 should stick to being a veto so that we don't have to
> keep clarifying what the hell a -1 means.
>
> -1 is a veto. Use something else to express dislike.

Er... I ment what I said, or I said what I ment [a hacker is faithful, 100% :-?]

If convincing arguments are presented, I'll change my vote (and veto).
Due to the confusion of late I figured I ought to spell it out.

Cliff, you just vetoed this change, if you like, change your vote to -.5 as Greg suggests.

I'm with Greg on this, -1 is a veto, period, until someone vetos that policy
(or worse yet, votes -1 that a -1 is a not a veto, but not as a veto :-)