httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Let's remove some modules from Apache 2.0
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:30:44 GMT
> > On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 03:06:50PM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > > The module would not go away. It will just live somewhere else. Let the folks
> > > who are interested in it maintain it. Given a bit of time, I am sure I could
> > > contrive dozens o silly modules that try to 'do what I mean not what I asked',
> > > which is this modules purpose in life.
> >
> > it sounds like it really fails the 'is actively maintained' test.
> > i think whether the module is useful or not is disputable, but
> > the lack of a maintainer doesn't appear to be. :)

FWIW, I reported earlier that mod_speling was broken on Windows (just passing along what someone
told me). I just got around to playing with mod_speling (for the first time ever) and I'm
happy to
report it works quite well on Windows. Tested it against latest Apache 1.3 and 2.0 HEAD and
Apache
1.3.12. No problems.

Bill