httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] mod_proxy in?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:26:07 GMT
From: "Bill Stoddard" <>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 2:16 PM

> > Well, why not do the same as we've done for APR?  I don't see why mod_proxy
> > can be "bundled" in the same way can't it?  It seems to make sense as both
> > an included "entity" and a seperate project.
> I can go with that.  Ship mod_proxy with http server releases but maintain it as a
> seperate project.  I would really not like to see it supported like, say, mod_perl or
> mod_dav in Apache 1.3 (i.e., not bundled with an http server release).

... and version it such that mod_proxy/ is the first fix since 2.0.16, or
something like that, so we can have interversion releases of subprojects, without
rerolling the entire server weekly.  So 2.0.17-gold must pick up the last stable,
not the last unstable branch of mod_proxy.

Otherwise, due to this crufty bug here or there, the core will _never_ have a stable
release as we incorporate (as you hint) mod_perl, mod_proxy or mod_pop3.

Note that this same illogic could be applied to mpm's as well.  Based on the
single-threaded mpms we could have released some time ago, while continuing the
work on pthreads ;-)

View raw message