httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: [martin: Cron <martin@deejai2> CRONJOBS/httpd-2.0-build]
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:45:04 GMT
> If there is no one who actually cares for the mod_tls baby, I propose to
> delete it entirely and replace it by a REAL solution, based on Ralf's
> mod_ssl. The current "implemetation" of mod_tls is a a PITA, nothing
> more than an (abandoned) proof-of-concept IMHO.  As it stands, no ISP
> would even consider to switch to httpd-2.0+mod_tls from
apache_1.3.x+mod_ssl.

Given that Ben has just been on holiday for 3 weeks and so hasn't had much
of an opportunity to answer any emails un til Tuesday, let alone do any
coding, what do you expect!

> Sorry to be so honest about it, Ben, but that's how I see it.

Ben has been honest about what the module can/can't do and has never said
it's "finished" or anything other than a work in progress.

The problems are all small and mainly configure related, so give it time.

david