httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jerker Bäck <info.jel...@telia.com>
Subject BUG BUG in Apache beta
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 16:18:58 GMT
So sorry to say this, but the beta will not compile properly in VC++7. Apache is throwing an
exception at startup. Debugging gives the following message:

"Runtime check failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call.
This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a
function pointer declared with a different calling convention."

So, what is the problem? It seems like libhttpd.dll is causing the exception in a macro in
mod_include.c. Since it is a macro the compiler will not recognize the problem at compile
time and at runtime an exception will be thrown.

Here is the call:
apache.exe::ap_setup_prelinked_modules(process);
libhttpd.dll::config.c::line531
    ap_setup_prelinked_modules(..)
        for (m = ap_prelinked_modules; *m != NULL; m++)
            ap_add_module(*m, process->pconf);
libhttpd.dll::config.c::line402
    ap_add_module(..)
        ap_register_hooks(m, p);
libhttpd.dll::config.c::line340
    ap_register_hooks(..)
         m->register_hooks(p);
libhttpd.dll::mod_include.c::line2851
    register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
        APR_REGISTER_OPTIONAL_FN(ap_ssi_parse_string);
----exception----

Any workaround?
I included my build logs. There is a lot of conversion warnings and a strange link warning
in the libhttpd.dll:
LINK : warning LNK4013: image size 0xCA000 exceeds specified maximum 0xA0000
What is this?

Note: The compiler (13.009030) is using the MS C runtime library MSVCR70:DLL.

thanks, Jerker Bäck