httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mod_proxy in HTTPd
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 22:06:23 GMT
From: "Chuck Murcko" <chuck@topsail.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 3:55 PM

> Totally agree. That's why we as mod_proxy commit to cutting a release of
> the web server too. Then users have what they want, in one package. Or a
> generic "apache rollup" build with the non-core modules put in.
> Mod_rewrite too?

In a rollup???  Absolutely!  The tricky bit will be identifing the last
'stable' release of the apache child projects, overtagging that tag with the
apache release version, and letting it fly.  I just don't see a simple
mechanism (for the RM) to do this all in a free hour :-(

No experimenting on unwilling participants.  Just because the user wants to
be a bit bleeding-edge in core, proxy, rewrite, or whatnot, doesn't mean
they wish to bleed to death :-)

Bill