httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ritin" <ritinmat...@yahoo.com>
Subject [NEWBIE] Where to store the documents ??
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:41:57 GMT
Hi guys,

Just set up Apache 1.3.14 on my Win2000 machine...

I have gone thru the documentation provided and also
the info in the httpd.conf file... but a few problems remain...

The server is supposed to serve documents from the DocumentRoot
right ?? the httpd.conf file says ...

"DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your documents.
By default, all requests are taken from this directory "

my  DocumentRoot is d:/Apache/htdocs... I have an html
file in that directory ... the server root is d:/Apache ...

Now i should be able to access this html file by typing in the browser
http://localhost/xyz.html ...is that right ??

but i am not able to access this html file ...'
some help please ... go easy with the flames ... :-)

Regards,

Ritin