httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: How to link...
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:18:04 GMT
"Brian Havard" <brianh@kheldar.apana.org.au> writes:

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:33:13 -0000, David Reid wrote:
>
> >Brian,
> >
> >I though OS/2 would have the same problem from previous conversations.  If I
> >can help let me know.
>
> Well, actually I'm pretty much done. I just have to manually add the
> missing symbols to the core's .def file until I find a better way to
> automate it. I'll wait till Roy finishes his build reorganisation before
> commiting my build changes though.

OS/390 has the same issues.  But we get to use an export-all option on
the compile so that we don't have to list symbols explicitly.

> If you want to check out the replacement libtool I wrote, you can see it at
> http://silk.apana.org.au/download/aplibtool.c
> It's a pretty quick hack but seems to work.

There is another one at http://www.apache.org/~trawick/libtool.tgz :)
This one understands enough about the Apache code to put the right
files in the DLL, and understands enough about OS/390 compile/link
options to make it happen.

(Imagine the Apache license at the top of every file; I hope that is
fine with everyone.)

How do you plan to make your libtool available?  I didn't plan
anything more fancy than letting it live at the URL listed previously.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...