httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: some reasons why Apache 2.0 threaded is slower than prefork
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 19:13:12 GMT
Cliff Woolley <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com> writes:

> ..................................... (I still want to implement bucket
> reuse lists, for example, which would be a large step toward eliminating
> these mallocs).

This will be very useful, especially if the semantics of the list
operations will enable them to be implemented as lock-free operations
for certain platforms.

It could be used in the pool code for maintaining the free block list,
as well as for lists of blocks of the appropriate size for bucket
operations.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...