httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: BindAddress and Listen
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:15:32 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> With a far greater understanding than I had 24 hours ago...
>
> Is there any reason not to just _Drop_ the BindAddress directive and strictly
> use the Listen directive for Apache 2.0?

We already did as near as I can tell ("grep -i BindAddress" in all .c
and .h).

> I'd even go so far as depreciate the Port directive in favor of a more
> decorated ServerName directive (joespages.org:80) where port 80 is
> assumed.

If we don't really need Port ('cause we don't need a port number in
addition to what is specified on the Listen statement), then I'm all
for dropping Port.  But if we need the functionality of Port I'd
rather see it remain as-is than overload ServerName like that.
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...