httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: daedalus apache-2.0 problem
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 21:28:08 GMT
Cliff Woolley <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > An assert pops in ap_getline().  The assert attempts to verify that
> > the brigade is empty once we've read an entire line.  In this case
> > however an eos bucket is still in the brigade.
>
> That's the same one seen in corefiles 4 and 9 on daedalus.  It's not
> always an EOS bucket, though.  In corefile 4, it's an empty heap bucket.
> In corefile 9, it's a 10-byte heap bucket.  Clearly something screwy is
> going on.

I don't see the connection unless there is some bug in the ring macros
which adds arbitrary buckets to the ring/brigade.

I don't see why an eos bucket would even be in the brigade here.  I
would have thought that the HTTP input filter would do a read(), grab
the rest of the data from the client, and before thinking it should do
another read() (to hit EOF) it would return a brigade to the caller.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...