httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_main.c
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:14:26 GMT
Martin Kraemer <Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 08:05:03AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >
> > So maybe it avoids a segfault, but now we have a configured listening
> > socket we won't wake up for.  Which is worse?  Perhaps segfault is
> > better? (actually, I'd rather us report the error and terminate)
>
> Flame bait: assert(fd >= 0); ...

or bail out in make_sock() like other errors (if it is an error, of
course; I still don't understand)

> Hmmm... Perhaps we should ask the authors of mod_ssl and KAME.

You committed it, Martin; I'm asking you what problem it solves :)

(I saw a similar change with no comments in the mod_ssl patch; I
didn't see it in the KAME patch I have (for Apache 1.3.6).)

I'll ask Ralf.
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...