httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <sl...@finance.commerce.ubc.ca>
Subject Re: Deficiency in mod_rewrite
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:50:44 GMT
On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Joshua Slive wrote:
> >
> > How about an "option" like [NE] for "No-Escape" for the RewriteRule
> > directive.  Sounds a little more obvious than just turing off
> > the escaping for certain strings.
>
> I thought of that -- but then what happens when '%%' (or '\%')
> is present and escaping *has* to be disabled, but the user
> did not specify NE?

Perhaps I misunderstand the problem, but I would just assume that if the
user specifies %% and doesn't use NE then they want the %% escaped.  If,
on the other hand, they specify NE, then they don't need to use the
special %% or \% notation.  They can just use % and it will be passed
through untouched.

Joshua.