httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject AB patch for 1.3 and 2.0
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:57:14 GMT

Advice on what to do with SSL

I've got a patch for 'ab' - one for 1.3 and one for 2.0; it fixes a couple
of int overflows discovered by Sander, add's median/mean calculation (see
his talk TH18)  as to why this is vital; and actually uncovers that apache
works a lot better than claimed) as well as adding rudimetary SSL support.
The latter is the puzzle.

Now with SSL - am I right to assume that I should remove the hooks from
the patch for 1.3 and leave them in (following the same OpenSSL struct's
as Ben's mod_tls) for 2.0 ? Or would people prefer to keep SSL out of
the picture completely ?

Dw