httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Telnet char-at-a-time problem still exists?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:21:46 GMT
On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Greg Ames wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > >   I really think this is a showstopper for 2.0 - unless folks can test
> > > the server feeding characters at a time, we are broken.  I see no problem
> > > with setting a timeout for the complete request to be assembled (to avoid
> > > DNS attacks) but the current situation seems pretty intollerable.
> > >
> > >   I was just closing a bugreport that required me to check the contenttype
> > > of a file, so I tried telnet to HEAD that file, and it pretends I don't
> > > exist (no response.)  It took me 1/2 hour to remember this bug.
> > >
> > >   Did someone start working out the fix?
> >
> > This did work at one time.  I tested this VERY extensively using my one
> > Windows 98 machine.  If it no longer works, then it is because somebody
> > modified the input filters.  I know that it did work at one time.
> >
>
> I tested it a bunch too, back when we were working on input filtering,
> ap_getline(), and the mime header folding stuff.  I tried it again just
> now, and it works fine for me.  I used telnet from WinNT 4.

I originally tested with telnet from Win98, and this weekend, I forced my
Linux telnet into char-at-a-time mode, and ran a few simple tests, and it
seemed to work.  I was trying to replicate the assertion failure, but
couldn't.  I didn't pay much attention to this bug, but the fact that the
char-at-a-time worked for my testing is a good thing.

Ryan

_______________________________________________________________________________
Ryan Bloom                        	rbb@apache.org
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Mime
View raw message