httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/network_io/os2 sendrecv.c
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:53:02 GMT
On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Paul J. Reder wrote:

> Cliff Woolley wrote:
> > I'm not positive, but I *might* have seen this happening as well on my
> > Linux box.  I was testing with some 128kb server-parsed files to try to
> > reproduce the original problem, and I couldn't for the life of me get it
> > to use chunked TE.  It always came back with a content-length.  To even
> > try it with chunking on, I had to hack the server to ignore the
> > content-length even if it had one.
>
> Currently mod_include deliberately unsets the content-length as soon as it has
> identified an SSI tag to process. Is a filter supposed to set a chunked flag
> to encourage possible chunked processing?
>
> In any event, the content-length should be unset if an SSI tag is found so
> no server hacking should be required for SSI responses.

Mod_include is working correctly, as is the content-length filter, in all
of my tests.  The only time I don't get chunked responses for the
content-length, is if I don't put "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" in the
request headers.

mod_include should unset the content length, and the core sets up all the
flags for chunking, so mod_include can safely ignore it.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131