httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Austin Gonyou <aus...@coremetrics.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 05:50:30 GMT
I think the biggest thing we can do is take a wait and see attitude, but
keep on top of the ssl issue as a whole. The other thing to do is to
review the technical reasons why mod_ssl should not be incorporated at
all, to try and dispell any and all political issues people in that group
may have. Politics doesn't belong in the OS community, not this type of
politics anyway. We need to show both parties that a balance can be
reached, but that it takes both parties, not one, working in tandem to
achieve something useable to both. I believe that mod_ssl, and apache_ssl
are 2 projects which should exist, and never be the same project. Freedom
of choice is what drove most of us to OpenSource, we should embrace this
as an opportunity to continue that tradition.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect